Chapter 20 The Farmer and the Stork(农夫和鹳).jpg

A FARMER placed nets on his newly-sown plowlands and caught a number of Cranes, which came to pick up his seed. —
一位农夫在他新播的田地上放置了网,捕捉到了一些来捡食他种子的鹤。 —

With them he trapped a Stork that had fractured his leg in the net and was earnestly beseeching the Farmer to spare his life. —
他也用网困住了一只腿受伤的鹳,鹳在网中痛苦地乞求农夫饶命。 —

“Pray save me, Master,” he said, “and let me go free this once. —
“求您救救我吧,主人,让我这次逃脱。 —

My broken limb should excite your pity. —
我受伤的腿应该引起您的怜悯。 —

Besides, I am no Crane, I am a Stork, a bird of excellent character; —
况且,我并不是鹤,我是一只品质优良的鹳; —

and see how I love and slave for my father and mother. —
看看我是多么地疼爱和为我的父母奴役。 —

Look too, at my feathers — they are not the least like those of a Crane.” The Farmer laughed aloud and said, “It may be all as you say, I only know this: —
还要注意,我的羽毛——它们一点也不像鹤的。” 农夫大笑着说:“也许你说的都对,我只知道这一点: —

I have taken you with these robbers, the Cranes, and you must die in their company.”
我已经带着你和这些强盗,就是鹤群,你必须和他们一同死去。

Birds of a feather flock together.
物以类聚。