THE ANJOU WINE
安茹红酒

After the most disheartening news of the king’s health, a report of his convalescence began to prevail in the camp; —
在国王的健康情况最使人沮丧的消息之后,有报道称他正在逐渐康复军营中普遍传开, —

and as he was very anxious to be in person at the siege, it was said that as soon as he could mount a horse he would set forward.
并且,因为他非常渴望亲自参加围城,据说一旦他能骑马,他就会立即出发。

Meantime, Monsieur, who knew that from one day to the other he might expect to be removed from his command by the Duc d’Angouleme, by Bassompierre, or by Schomberg, who were all eager for his post, did but little, lost his days in wavering, and did not dare to attempt any great enterprise to drive the English from the Isle of Re, where they still besieged the citadel St. Martin and the fort of La Pree, as on their side the French were besieging La Rochelle.
同时,皇太子非常清楚,他随时可能被安古万公爵、巴桑皮埃尔或肖姆贝尔取代,他们都渴望夺得他的职位,所以他没有太大行动,消磨日子在犹豫当中,不敢尝试任何大举动来驱赶英国人,他们仍在围攻圣马丁要塞和拉普雷堡,而与此同时,法国人也在围攻拉罗谢尔。

D’Artagnan, as we have said, had become more tranquil, as always happens after a post danger, particularly when the danger seems to have vanished. —
正如我们所说,达达尼安变得更加宁静,这总是在度过一次危险后会发生的,特别是当危险似乎已经消失时。 —

He only felt one uneasiness, and that was at not hearing any tidings from his friends.
他只有一种不安,那就是没有收到朋友们的消息。

But one morning at the commencement of the month of November everything was explained to him by this letter, dated from Villeroy:
但在11月初的一个早晨,一封信向他解释了一切,信上的日期是维勒鲁:

M. d’Artagnan, MM. Athos, Porthos, and Aramis, after having had an entertainment at my house and enjoying themselves very much, created such a disturbance that the provost of the castle, a rigid man, has ordered them to be confined for some days; —
达达尼安先生,阿索斯、波托斯和阿拉米斯在我家参加了一个宴会,乐得很开心,却制造了一场骚动,使得城堡的狱卒,一个严厉的人,下令将他们拘禁几天; —

but I accomplish the order they have given me by forwarding to you a dozen bottles of my Anjou wine, with which they are much pleased. —
但我遵循他们给我的指示,将一打我安茹红酒送给你,他们非常喜欢这种酒。 —

They are desirous that you should drink to their health in their favorite wine. —
他们希望你能用他们最喜欢的葡萄酒举杯祝酒。 —

I have done this, and am, monsieur, with great respect,
我已经做到了,并且,先生,请接受我的衷心敬意,

Your very humble and obedient servant,
你非常谦卑顺从的仆人,

Godeau, Purveyor of the Musketeers
戈多,鼓手供应商

“That’s all well!” cried D’Artagnan. They think of me in their pleasures, as I thought of them in my troubles. —
“这一切都很好!”达达尼安大声说道。他们在他们的欢乐中想到了我,就像我在我困难时想到了他们一样。 —

Well, I will certainly drink to their health with all my heart, but I will not drink alone.”
好吧,我一定会全心祝酒于他们的健康,但我不会独自一人喝。

And D’Artagnan went among those Guardsmen with whom he had formed greater intimacy than with the others, to invite them to enjoy with him this present of delicious Anjou wine which had been sent him from Villeroy.
大仗安排定在中午,达达尼安九点就派遣普兰谢特过去帮忙准备宴席。

One of the two Guardsmen was engaged that evening, and another the next, so the meeting was fixed for the day after that.
普兰谢特把全部准备工作布置得井井有条,像个聪明人一样。

D’Artagnan, on his return, sent the twelve bottles of wine to the refreshment room of the Guards, with strict orders that great care should be taken of it; —
小商人马勒内尔激动地从门口冲进了客厅,看起来心绪不宁。 —

and then, on the day appointed, as the dinner was fixed for midday D’Artagnan sent Planchet at nine in the morning to assist in preparing everything for the entertainment.
达达尼安比他们更加积极,打算紧紧抓住时机,毕竟这次机会难得。

Planchet, very proud of being raised to the dignity of landlord, thought he would make all ready, like an intelligent man; —
不过他的好朋友三位卫兵正好有两人那天都有事,所以宴会安排在了第二天。 —

and with this view called in the assistance of the lackey of one of his master’s guests, named Fourreau, and the false soldier who had tried to kill D’Artagnan and who, belonging to no corps, had entered into the service of D’Artagnan, or rather of Planchet, after D’Artagnan had saved his life.
达达尼安在回来的路上把那十二瓶葡萄酒送到卫兵们的休息室,还嘱咐地很严格,一定要小心保管。

The hour of the banquet being come, the two guards arrived, took their places, and the dishes were arranged on the table. —
宾客们吃完汤后,正准备品尝第一杯葡萄酒时,忽然从路易堡和纽夫堡传来炮声。 —

Planchet waited, towel on arm; Fourreau uncorked the bottles; —
达达尼安和卫兵们一样勇敢,相继拔剑向外跑去,准备前往各自的岗位。 —

and Brisemont, which was the name of the convalescent, poured the wine, which was a little shaken by its journey, carefully into decanters. —
但他们刚走出房间便知道了这个声音的原因。 —

Of this wine, the first bottle being a little thick at the bottom, Brisemont poured the lees into a glass, and D’Artagnan desired him to drink it, for the poor devil had not yet recovered his strength.
洛冈泰达第一个瓶子底部的酒有点混浊,布里斯芒当即把渣滓倒进玻璃杯里,达达尼安让他喝下去,可怜的家伙还没有完全恢复健康。

The guests having eaten the soup, were about to lift the first glass of wine to their lips, when all at once the cannon sounded from Fort Louis and Fort Neuf. The Guardsmen, imagining this to be caused by some unexpected attack, either of the besieged or the English, sprang to their swords. —
“国王万岁!枢机主教万岁!”的呼喊声四处响彻,鼓声不绝于耳。 —

D’Artagnan, not less forward than they, did likewise, and all ran out, in order to repair to their posts.
两名卫兵赶到后就坐了下来,菜肴摆在桌上。

But scarcely were they out of the room before they were made aware of the cause of this noise. —
洛冈泰达意识到炮声可能是由于突如其来的攻击引起,不管是被围困者还是英国人。 —

Cries of “Live the king! Live the cardinal!” —
这么一来,大家都忍不住立即动手抓剑,一窝蜂地冲出去,准备前去各自的岗位。 —

resounded on every side, and the drums were beaten in all directions.
菲尔森莫无处使去除一坛酒的软沉,达达尼安吩咐他干脆喝掉,可怜的倒霉鬼还没有完全康复过来。

In short, the king, impatient, as has been said, had come by forced marches, and had that moment arrived with all his household and a reinforcement of ten thousand troops. —
简而言之,国王,急不可耐地,如前所述,已经赶着强行军进,此刻与所有的家人以及一支增援的一万兵力同时到达。 —

His Musketeers proceeded and followed him. —
他的火枪手们跟着他前进。 —

D’Artagnan, placed in line with his company, saluted with an expressive gesture his three friends, whose eyes soon discovered him, and M. de Treville, who detected him at once.
达达尼安站在他的队伍里,用一个富有表现力的手势向他的三个朋友致意,他们的眼睛很快发现了他,同时特雷维尔先生也一眼就认出了他。

The ceremony of reception over, the four friends were soon in one another’s arms.
接待仪式结束后,四位朋友很快拥抱在一起。

“Pardieu!” cried D’Artagnan, “you could not have arrived in better time; —
“天啊!“达达尼安喊道,“你们来的时间简直再好不过了; —

the dinner cannot have had time to get cold! Can it, gentlemen?” —
晚餐不可能已经凉了!对吗,先生们?” —

added the young man, turning to the two Guards, whom he introduced to his friends.
年轻人转向两位卫兵,介绍他们给他的朋友。

“Ah, ah!” said Porthos, “it appears we are feasting!”
“啊,啊!“波尔索斯说,“看来我们要宴会了!”

“I hope,” said Aramis, “there are no women at your dinner.”
“我希望,“阿拉米斯说,“你们的晚餐里没有女人。”

“Is there any drinkable wine in your tavern?” asked Athos.
“你们的客栈里有可喝的酒吗?”阿多斯问。

“Well, pardieu! there is yours, my dear friend,” replied D’Artagnan.
“啊,天啊!有的,我亲爱的朋友,”达达尼安回答。

“Our wine!” said Athos, astonished.
“我们的酒!”阿多斯惊讶地说。

“Yes, that you sent me.”
“是的,就是你们给我的那瓶酒.”

“We send you wine?”
“我们送给你酒了吗?”

“You know very well–the wine from the hills of Anjou.”
“你们很清楚–来自安茹山丘的酒。”

“Yes, I know what brand you are talking about.”
“是的,我知道你在说什么牌子。”

“The wine you prefer.”
“你喜欢的葡萄酒。”

“Well, in the absence of champagne and chambertin, you must content yourselves with that.”
“好吧,在没有香槟和尚贝坦的情况下,你们只能得到这个。”

“And so, connoisseurs in wine as we are, we have sent you some Anjou wine?” said Porthos.
“所以,作为葡萄酒行家,我们给你们送了一些安茹葡萄酒?”说着波尔多斯。

“Not exactly, it is the wine that was sent by your order.”
“不完全是,这是按照你们的订单送来的葡萄酒。”

“On our account?” said the three Musketeers.
“就我们的名义?”三名火枪手说。

“Did you send this wine, Aramis?” said Athos.
“这葡萄酒是你送的吗,阿拉米斯?”阿多斯说。

“No; and you, Porthos?”
“不是我,波尔多斯?”

“No; and you, Athos?”
“不是我,阿多斯?”

“No!”
“不是!”

“If it was not you, it was your purveyor,” said D’Artagnan.
“如果不是你们,那就是你们的供应商,” 达达尼安说。

“Our purveyor!”
“我们的供应商!”

“Yes, your purveyor, Godeau–the purveyor of the Musketeers.”
“是的,你们的供应商,戈多-火枪手的供应商。”

“My faith! never mind where it comes from,” said Porthos, “let us taste it, and if it is good, let us drink it.”
“信仰!不管它是从哪里来的,”波尔多斯说,”让我们尝尝它,如果好喝,我们就喝掉它。”

“No,” said Athos; “don’t let us drink wine which comes from an unknown source.”
“不,” 阿多斯说;”我们不要喝不知道来源的酒。”

“You are right, Athos,” said D’Artagnan. “Did none of you charge your purveyor, Godeau, to send me some wine?”
“你说的没错,阿多斯,”达达尼安说。“难道你们没有嘱托我们的饲养者戈多送我点酒吗?”

“No! And yet you say he has sent you some as from us?”
“没有!可你说他是以我们的名义送给你的?”

“Here is his letter,” said D’Artagnan, and he presented the note to his comrades.
“这是他的信。”达达尼安递给同伴们阅读。

“This is not his writing!” said Athos. “I am acquainted with it; —
“这不是他的笔迹!”阿多斯说。“我认识这个笔迹;我们离开维勒罗伊前我已经结算了团的账目。” —

before we left Villeroy I settled the accounts of the regiment.”
“完全是虚假的一封信,”波托斯说,“我们并没有受到训斥。”

“A false letter altogether,” said Porthos, “we have not been disciplined.”
“达达尼安,”阿拉米斯责备地说,“你怎么会相信我们闹事了呢?”

“D’Artagnan,” said Aramis, in a reproachful tone, “how could you believe that we had made a disturbance?”
达达尼安变得苍白,全身抽搐起来。

D’Artagnan grew pale, and a convulsive trembling shook all his limbs.
“你吓到我了!”阿多斯说,他很少在非常特殊的场合使用“你”和“你们”,“出了什么事?”

“Thou alarmest me!” said Athos, who never used thee and thou but upon very particular occasions, “what has happened?”
“看哪,朋友们!”达达尼安喊道,“我脑海中闪过一个可怕的疑问!”

“Look you, my friends!” cried D’Artagnan, “a horrible suspicion crosses my mind! —
“这可是那个女人又在报复吗?” —

Can this be another vengeance of that woman?”
这时阿多斯的脸色也变得苍白。

It was now Athos who turned pale.
达达尼安冲向休息室,三名火枪手和两名侍卫紧随其后。

D’Artagnan rushed toward the refreshment room, the three Musketeers and the two Guards following him.
达达尼安进入房间后眼前的第一景象是布里蒙躺在地上,全身痉挛不止。

The first object that met the eyes of D’Artagnan on entering the room was Brisemont, stretched upon the ground and rolling in horrible convulsions.
普兰谢和弗尔罗同样惨白,试图给他救助;

Planchet and Fourreau, as pale as death, were trying to give him succor; —
Planchet和Fourreau尽力给他施救。 —

but it was plain that all assistance was useless–all the features of the dying man were distorted with agony.
但徒劳无功–垂死之人的所有特征都因痛苦而扭曲。

“Ah!” cried he, on perceiving D’Artagnan, “ah! this is frightful! —
“啊!”他看见达达尼安时喊道,“啊!这太可怕了! —

You pretend to pardon me, and you poison me!”
你假装宽恕我,却毒死了我!”

“I!” cried D’Artagnan. “I, wretch? What do you say?”
“我!”达达尼安大叫,“我,可恶?你在说什么?”

“I say that it was you who gave me the wine; I say that it was you who desired me to drink it. —
“我说给我喝了酒的是你;我说是你要我喝的。 —

I say you wished to avenge yourself on me, and I say that it is horrible!”
我说你想对我报复,我说这太可怕了!”

“Do not think so, Brisemont,” said D’Artagnan; “do not think so. I swear to you, I protest–”
“不要这样想,布里蒙特,”达达尼安说,“不要这样想。我向你发誓,我保证——”

“Oh, but God is above! God will punish you! My God, grant that he may one day suffer what I suffer!”
“哦,但上帝在上!上帝会惩罚你的!我的上帝,希望有一天他也要经历我所经历的!”

“Upon the Gospel,” said D’Artagnan, throwing himself down by the dying man, “I swear to you that the wine was poisoned and that I was going to drink of it as you did.”
“凭福音书的话,”达达尼安说着,伏倒在垂死之人身旁,“我向你发誓那瓶酒是有毒的,我本来也要喝的。”

“I do not believe you,” cried the soldier, and he expired amid horrible tortures.
“我不信你,”士兵喊道,然后在可怕的折磨中死去。

“Frightful! frightful!” murmured Athos, while Porthos broke the bottles and Aramis gave orders, a little too late, that a confessor should be sent for.”
“可怕!可怕!”安托斯咕哝道,波尔多士破碎了酒瓶,阿拉米斯发出命令,但已经晚了一步,他们急忙派人去请一位神父来。

“Oh, my friends,” said D’Artagnan, “you come once more to save my life, not only mine but that of these gentlemen. —
“哦,我的朋友们,”达达尼安说,“你们又一次来拯救了我的性命,不仅是我的,还有这几位先生的。 —

Gentlemen,” continued he, addressing the Guardsmen, “I request you will be silent with regard to this adventure. —
先生们,”他对卫兵们说,“我请求你们对这次的冒险保持沉默。 —

Great personages may have had a hand in what you have seen, and if talked about, the evil would only recoil upon us.”
有可能是一些重要人物牵涉其中,如果传出去,祸患只会回到我们身上。”

“Ah, monsieur!” stammered Planchet, more dead than alive, “ah, monsieur, what an escape I have had!”
“啊,先生!”普朗谢戴着生不如死的表情结结巴巴地说道,“啊,先生,我逃过了一劫!”

“How, sirrah! you were going to drink my wine?”
“先生,你竟然要喝我的葡萄酒?”

“To the health of the king, monsieur; I was going to drink a small glass of it if Fourreau had not told me I was called.”
“为了国王的健康,先生;如果Fourreau没有告诉我被叫走,我本想喝一小杯的。”

“Alas!” said Fourreau, whose teeth chattered with terror, “I wanted to get him out of the way that I might drink myself.”
“唉!”Fourreau颤抖着牙齿,恐惧地说道,”我只是想让他走开,这样我就可以自己喝了。”

“Gentlemen,” said D’Artagnan, addressing the Guardsmen, “you may easily comprehend that such a feast can only be very dull after what has taken place; —
“各位士兵们,”达达尼安对护卫们说道,”你们很容易理解这样一个聚会在经历了发生的事情之后只会变得非常沉闷; —

so accept my excuses, and put off the party till another day, I beg of you.”
所以请接受我的道歉,我恳求你们延期这次派对。”

The two Guardsmen courteously accepted D’Artagnan’s excuses, and perceiving that the four friends desired to be alone, retired.
两位护卫礼貌地接受了达达尼安的借口,察觉到四位朋友想要独处,便离开了。

When the young Guardsman and the three Musketeers were without witnesses, they looked at one another with an air which plainly expressed that each of them perceived the gravity of their situation.
当这位年轻的护卫和三位火枪手没有旁人时,他们相互看着,表情清楚地表达了他们所处境况的严峻。

“In the first place,” said Athos, “let us leave this chamber; —
“首先,” 阿索斯说道,“让我们离开这间房间吧;死人并不是令人愉快的伴侣,尤其是他们死于暴力。” —

the dead are not agreeable company, particularly when they have died a violent death.”
“普朗谢特,” 达达尼安说道,“我把这可怜家伙的尸体交给你照看。

“Planchet,” said D’Artagnan, “I commit the corpse of this poor devil to your care. —
把他埋葬在圣地里。他犯了罪,这是事实; —

Let him be interred in holy ground. He committed a crime, it is true; —
但他已悔悟了。” —

but he repented of it.”
四位朋友离开了房间,把布里蒙的下葬仪式交给了普朗谢特和弗朗鲁。

And the four friends quit the room, leaving to Planchet and Fourreau the duty of paying mortuary honors to Brisemont.
店主给了他们另一个房间,并为他们端上了新鲜的鸡蛋和一些水,阿索斯亲自到泉水处取水。

The host gave them another chamber, and served them with fresh eggs and some water, which Athos went himself to draw at the fountain. —
波尔索和阿拉米斯被告知了情况。 —

In a few words, Porthos and Aramis were posted as to the situation.
“嗯,” 达达尼安对阿索斯说,“你看,我亲爱的朋友,这是一场生死之战。”

“Well,” said D’Artagnan to Athos, “you see, my dear friend, that this is war to the death.”
阿索斯摇了摇头。

Athos shook his head.
“是的,是的,”他回答说,“我清楚地看到了;但你真的相信那是她吗?”

“Yes, yes,” replied he, “I perceive that plainly; but do you really believe it is she?”
“我肯定。”

“I am sure of it.”
“尽管如此,我承认我还是怀疑。”

“Nevertheless, I confess I still doubt.”
“但她肩膀上的百合花徽?”

“But the fleur-de-lis on her shoulder?”
“她是一个在法国犯了罪并因此被烙印的英国女人。”

“She is some Englishwoman who has committed a crime in France, and has been branded in consequence.”
“她是谁?”

“Athos, she is your wife, I tell you,” repeated D’Artagnan; —
“阿多斯,她是你的妻子,我告诉你”,达达尼安重复说; —

“only reflect how much the two descriptions resemble each other.”
“只要想一想,这两种描述是多么相似。”

“Yes; but I should think the other must be dead, I hanged her so effectually.”
“是的;但我认为另一个一定已经死了,我把她绞得那么彻底。”

It was D’Artagnan who now shook his head in his turn.
现在轮到达达尼安摇头了。

“But in either case, what is to be done?” said the young man.
“但无论如何,要做些什么呢?”那个年轻人说。

“The fact is, one cannot remain thus, with a sword hanging eternally over his head,” said Athos. “We must extricate ourselves from this position.”
“事实上,一个人不能永远这样,带着一把长剑悬在头上,” 阿多斯说。”我们必须摆脱这个境地。”

“But how?”
“但怎么做呢?”

“Listen! You must try to see her, and have an explanation with her. Say to her: ‘Peace or war! —
“听着!你必须设法见到她,并与她解释清楚。对她说:‘和平还是战争!’ —

My word as a gentleman never to say anything of you, never to do anything against you; —
作为绅士,我对你保证绝不说你的坏话,绝不采取任何对你不利的行动; —

on your side, a solemn oath to remain neutral with respect to me. —
你也要郑重发誓,对我保持中立。 —

If not, I will apply to the chancellor, I will apply to the king, I will apply to the hangman, I will move the courts against you, I will denounce you as branded, I will bring you to trial; —
如果不这样,我将向法官申诉,我将向国王申诉,我将向刽子手申诉,我将通过法庭起诉你; —

and if you are acquitted, well, by the faith of a gentleman, I will kill you at the corner of some wall, as I would a mad dog.’”
如果你被判清白,那么,凭绅士的信义,我将把你像疯狗一样的在某墙角杀死。”

“I like the means well enough,” said D’Artagnan, “but where and how to meet with her?”
“我很喜欢这种手段,”达达尼安说,“但在哪里以及如何与她见面呢?”

“Time, dear friend, time brings round opportunity; opportunity is the martingale of man. —
“时间,亲爱的朋友,时间创造机会;机会是人的护身符。 —

The more we have ventured the more we gain, when we know how to wait.”
我们冒险越多,当我们懂得等待的时候,我们就获得越多。”

“Yes; but to wait surrounded by assassins and poisoners.”
“是的;但是在刺客和下毒的人环绕中等待。”

“Bah!” said Athos. “God has preserved us hitherto, God will preserve us still.”
“扯淡!”阿索斯说。“上帝迄今保佑我们,上帝仍会保佑我们。”

“Yes, we. Besides, we are men; and everything considered, it is our lot to risk our lives; —
“是的,我们。此外,我们是男人;总的来说,冒险是我们的命运; —

but she,” asked he, in an undertone.
但她,”他小声问。

“What she?” asked Athos.
“什么她?”阿索斯问。

“Constance.”
“康斯坦斯。”

“Madame Bonacieux! Ah, that’s true!” said Athos. “My poor friend, I had forgotten you were in love.”
“波纳西厄太太!啊,是的!”阿索斯说。“我的可怜朋友,我忘了你在恋爱。”

“Well, but,” said Aramis, “have you not learned by the letter you found on the wretched corpse that she is in a convent? —
“嗯,但是,”阿拉密斯说,“你难道没有通过你在那具可怜尸体上找到的信件得知她在修道院吗? —

One may be very comfortable in a convent; —
一个人在修道院里可能会过得很舒适; —

and as soon as the siege of La Rochelle is terminated, I promise you on my part–”
一旦洛歇尔的围城结束,我向你保证–”

“Good,” cried Athos, “good! Yes, my dear Aramis, we all know that your views have a religious tendency.”
“好,”阿多斯大声说道,“好!是的,亲爱的阿拉密斯,我们都知道你有虔诚的倾向。”

“I am only temporarily a Musketeer,” said Aramis, humbly.
“目前我只是一名火枪手。”阿拉密斯谦逊地说。

“It is some time since we heard from his mistress,” said Athos, in a low voice. —
“他的情人有些时日没来信了。”阿多斯低声说。 —

“But take no notice; we know all about that.”
“但不必在意;我们全都知道。”

“Well,” said Porthos, “it appears to me that the means are very simple.”
“嗯,”波托斯说,“我觉得方法很简单。”

“What?” asked D’Artagnan.
“什么?”达达尼昂问道。

“You say she is in a convent?” replied Porthos.
“你说她在修道院?”波托斯回答道。

“Yes.”
“是的。”

“Very well. As soon as the siege is over, we’ll carry her off from that convent.”
“很好。围城结束后,我们就从那修道院里把她劫走。”

“But we must first learn what convent she is in.”
“但我们首先必须了解她在哪个修道院。”

“That’s true,” said Porthos.
“没错,”波托斯说。

“But I think I have it,” said Athos. “Don’t you say, dear D’Artagnan, that it is the queen who has made choice of the convent for her?”
“但我想我明白了,”阿多斯说,“亲爱的达达尼昂,你不是说是皇后为她选择了那个修道院吗?”

“I believe so, at least.”
“我至少是这么认为的。”

“In that case Porthos will assist us.”
“在那种情况下波尔多斯将会帮助我们。”

“And how so, if you please?”
“那么你如何能帮助呢,如果你愿意的话?”

“Why, by your marchioness, your duchess, your princess. She must have a long arm.”
“噢,通过你的侯爵夫人,公爵夫人,公主。她一定有很大的影响力。”

“Hush!” said Porthos, placing a finger on his lips. —
“嘘!”波尔多斯说着,他把手指放在了嘴唇上。 —

“I believe her to be a cardinalist; she must know nothing of the matter.”
“我相信她是红衣主教的支持者;她一定对这件事一无所知。”

“Then,” said Aramis, “I take upon myself to obtain intelligence of her.”
“那么,”阿拉米斯说道,”我将承担起获取她的情报的任务。”

“You, Aramis?” cried the three friends. “You! And how?”
“你,阿拉米斯?”三位朋友们惊呼道,”你?怎么做?”

“By the queen’s almoner, to whom I am very intimately allied,” said Aramis, coloring.
“通过王后的教士,我们有很亲密的关系,”阿拉米斯脸红着说道。

And on this assurance, the four friends, who had finished their modest repast, separated, with the promise of meeting again that evening. —
在得到这个保证后,结束了简单的晚餐,四位朋友分开了,承诺晚上再见面。 —

D’Artagnan returned to less important affairs, and the three Musketeers repaired to the king’s quarters, where they had to prepare their lodging.
达达尼安回到了不那么重要的事务上,而三个火枪手前往了国王的宿舍,那里他们必须准备好他们的住宿。