Ahab standing by the helm. Starbuck approaching him.
亚哈站在舵边。斯塔巴克走向他。

We must send down the main-top-sail yard, sir. —
“我们必须放下主横桅,先生。” —

The band is working loose and the lee lift is half-stranded. —
“鼓正在松动,李舵索已经断了一半。” —

Shall I strike it, sir?”
“我该放下它,先生?”

“Strike nothing; lash it. If I had sky-sail poles, I’d sway them up now.”
“别放下,缠好它。如果我有天设杆,我现在就会把它们升起来。”

“Sir!–in God’s name!–sir?”
“先生!在上帝的名义里!先生?”

“Well.”
“什么事?”

“The anchors are working, sir. Shall I get them inboard?”
“锚正在活动,先生。我把它们拉上去吗?”

“Strike nothing, and stir nothing but lash everything. —
“别感动,别动,只缠好一切。风在加强,但还没有到我这些台_板。快点,去办吧。” —

The wind rises, but it has not got up to my table-lands yet. Quick, and see to it. —
“——通过桅杆和龙骨!他把我当作了某个海岸驮运船队的驼背船长。 —

– By masts and keels! he takes me for the hunchbacked skipper of some coasting smack. —
放下我的主横桅!喏,胶罐! —

Send down my main-top-sail yard! Ho, gluepots! —
“最高的桅头是为最猛烈的风而造,而我的这个脑桅头如今航行在云层间。 —

Loftiest trucks were made for wildest winds, and this brain-truck of mine now sails amid the cloud-scud. —
“我该放下那个吗?哦,只有懦夫才会在风暴时放下他们的脑桅头。 —

Shall I strike that? Oh, none but cowards send down their brain-trucks in tempest time. —
“那里上面岂不是有一股嘘叫声!如果我不知道肠绞痛是一种喧闹的疾病,我甚至会认为它雄伟壮观。 —

What a hooroosh aloft there! I would e’en take it for sublime, did I not know that the colic is a noisy malady. —
“哪里咿呀呼!即使我知道腹绞痛是一种喧嚣的疾病,我也会认为这是崇高的。” —

Oh, take medicine, take medicine!”
哦,服药,服药!