Scene III. A room in Polonius’ house.
场景三. 波洛涅斯的房子里的一间房间。

Enter Laertes and Ophelia
莱尔提斯和奥菲莉亚进场

Laertes: My necessaries are embark’d: farewell:
莱尔提斯:我需要的东西已经上船了:再见了:

And, sister, as the winds give benefit And convoy is assistant, do not sleep,
并且,妹妹,就像风提供益处,航队是助手,不要睡觉,

But let me hear from you.
但是让我听到你的声音。

Ophelia: Do you doubt that?
奥菲莉亚: 你怀疑那么?

Laertes: For Hamlet and the trifling of his favour,
莱尔提斯: 对于哈姆雷特和他的好感,

Hold it a fashion and a toy in blood,
把它看作一种时尚和血中的玩具,

A violet in the youth of primy nature,
初春大自然的青春里的紫罗兰,

Forward, not permanent, sweet, not lasting,
前行,不是永恒的,甜美的,不是持久的,

The perfume and suppliance of a minute; No more.
一分钟的香气和祈求; 不能更多。

Ophelia: No more but so?
奥菲莉亚: 不能更多,就是这样?

Laertes: Think it no more;
莱尔提斯: 不再考虑;

For nature, crescent, does not grow alone In thews and bulk, but, as this temple waxes,
因为自然,新月,不仅在筋骨和体积上成长,而且,随着这个庙宇的增长,

The inward service of the mind and soul Grows wide withal. Perhaps he loves you now,
心灵和灵魂的内在服务也随之扩大。也许他现在爱你,

And now no soil nor cautel doth(does) besmirch The virtue of his will: but you must fear,
现在没有任何污垢或阴谋玷污他的意愿:但你必须害怕,

His greatness weigh’d, his will is not his own;
他的伟大被权衡,他的意愿不是他自己的;

For he himself is subject to his birth:
因为他本人是受他出身影响的:

He may not, as unvalued persons do,
他不能像不受重视的人一样,

Carve for himself; for on his choice depends The safety and health of this whole state;
为自己开创;因为他的选择取决于这个整个国家的安全和健康;

And therefore must his choice be circumscribed Unto the voice and yielding of that body Whereof he is the head.
因此,他的选择必须限制在那个他是头的身体的声音和屈服之下。

Then if he says he loves you,
那么如果他说他爱你,

It fits your wisdom so far to believe it As he in his particular act and place May give his saying deed; which is no further Than the main voice of Denmark goes withal.
就像他通过他的特定行为和地点可能实施他的说法一样,你的智慧适合相信它;这并没有超过丹麦的主要声音。

Then weigh what loss your honour may sustain,
然后权衡你的荣誉可能承受的损失,

If with too credent ear you list his songs,
如果你过于轻信地聆听他的歌唱,

Or lose your heart, or your chaste treasure open To his unmaster’d importunity.
或是失去你的心,或是对他的猖狂强求打开你的贞洁。

Fear it, Ophelia, fear it, my dear sister,
恐惧它,奥菲利亚,恐惧它,我的亲爱的妹妹,

And keep you in the rear of your affection,
并且让你的情感留在后方,

Out of the shot and danger of desire.
远离欲望的射程和危险。

The chariest maid is prodigal enough,
最谨慎的少女也足够浪费,

If she unmask her beauty to the moon:
如果她向月亮展露她的美丽:

Virtue itself ‘scapes not calumnious(诽谤的) strokes:
美德本身也不能逃脱诽谤的打击:

The canker galls the infants of the spring,
疮痔侵蚀春天的婴儿,

Too oft(often) before their buttons be disclosed,
在他们的花蕾公开之前太早,

And in the morn and liquid dew of youth Contagious(传染性的) blastments are most imminent.
在少年的清晨和润湿的露水中,传染性的枯萎最为紧迫。

Be wary then; best safety lies in fear:
因此要小心;最好的安全在于恐惧:

Youth to itself rebels, though none else near.
青春对自己反叛,即使没有其他人在附近。

Ophelia: I shall the effect of this good lesson keep,
奥菲利亚:我会保留这个好教训的效果,

As watchman to my heart. But, good my brother,
作为我心的守护者。但是,我好兄弟,

Do not, as some ungracious pastors do,
别像一些无情的牧师那样,

Show me the steep and thorny way to heaven;
向我展示通往天堂的陡峭而多刺的道路;

Whiles, like a puff’d and reckless libertine,
然而,像一个吹嘘和鲁莽的放荡者,

Himself the primrose path of dalliance treads,
自己踏上嬉皮士的道路,

And recks not his own rede.
并不在意他自己的劝告。

Laertes: O, fear me not.
莱尔提斯: 哦,不用害怕我。

I stay too long: but here my father comes.
我待得太久了:但我的父亲来了。

Enter Polonius
波洛尼斯进入

A double blessing is a double grace,
双重的祝福就是双重的恩典,

Occasion smiles upon a second leave.
第二次离别时,机会对我们露出微笑。

Lord Polonius: Yet here, Laertes! aboard, aboard, for shame!
波洛尼斯勋爵: 你还在这里吗,莱尔提斯!快上船,快上船,别丢人现眼!

The wind sits in the shoulder of your sail,
风正吹向你的船帆(风坐在船肩上),

And you are stay’d for. There; my blessing with thee(you)!
你应该早就启程(被人等待)了。在这里;我的祝福和你一同去!

And these few precepts in thy(your) memory See thou(you) character. Give thy(your) thoughts no tongue,
并且在你的记忆里的这些少量格言看到你的个性。不要让你的思想有言语,

Nor any unproportioned thought his act.
也不要让任何不成比例的想法行动。

Be thou(you) familiar, but by no means vulgar.
你要和人为善,但绝不能庸俗。

Those friends thou(you) hast(have), and their adoption tried,
你的朋友,以及他们对你的认同,

Grapple them to thy(your) soul with hoops of steel;
用钢铁的圈子紧紧地捆绑在你的灵魂上;

But do not dull thy(your) palm with entertainment Of each new-hatch’d, unfledged comrade.
但不要因接待每一个新出现的,尚未成熟的同伴而使你的掌心变得麻木。

Beware Of entrance to a quarrel, but being in, Bear’t that the opposed may beware of thee(you).
小心不要轻易被卷入争斗,但一旦卷入,要让对手知道你的存在。

Give every man thy(your) ear, but few thy(your) voice;
对每个人都用耳朵倾听,但是只有少数人听你的声音;

Take each man’s censure, but reserve thy(your) judgment.
接受每个人的批评,但保留你的判断。

Costly thy(your) habit as thy(your) purse can buy,
让你的衣着尽你所能地豪华,

But not express’d in fancy; rich, not gaudy;
但不要表现出过分的华丽;富饶,但不浮华。

For the apparel oft(often) proclaims the man,
因为衣着常常显露出人的本性,

And they in France of the best rank and station Are of a most select and generous chief in that.
并且,在法国,最优秀和最高级别的人们都是最杰出和慷慨的领导者。

Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
既不做借贷人也不是借款人;

For loan oft(often) loses both itself and friend,
因为贷款往往使自己和朋友双双失去,

And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
而借款则使精明节俭的边缘变得迟钝。

This above all: to thine(your) ownself be true,
这一点最重要:对自己要诚实,

And it must follow, as the night the day,
结果必然如此,就像夜晚后跟着白天,

Thou canst not then be false to any man.
你就不能对任何人不真实了。

[Farewell]: my blessing season this in thee(you)!
[离别]:祝福你!

Laertes: Most humbly do I take my leave, my lord.
莱尔提斯:我很谦逊地告辞,我的主人。

Lord Polonius: The time invites you; go; your servants tend.
波洛尼厄斯勋爵:时间已到;走吧,你的仆人正在等你。

Laertes: Farewell, Ophelia; and remember well What I have said to you.
莱尔提斯:再见,奥菲莉亚;记住我对你说的话。

Ophelia: ‘Tis(It is) in my memory lock’d,
奥菲莉亚:这都锁在我的记忆里了,

And you yourself shall keep the key of it.
你自己将保管记忆的钥匙。

Laertes: Farewell.
莱尔提斯:再见。

Exit
退出

Lord Polonius: What is’t, Ophelia, be hath(has) said to you?
波洛尼厄斯勋爵:奥菲莉亚,他对你说了什么?

Ophelia: So please you, something touching the Lord Hamlet.
奥菲莉亚:如果你乐意听,是关于哈姆雷特勋爵的事。

Lord Polonius: Marry(Indeed), well bethought:
波洛尼厄斯勋爵:好的,想得周到。

‘Tis(It is) told me, he hath(has) very oft(often) of late Given private time to you; and you yourself Have of your audience been most free and bounteous:
有人告诉我,他最近经常找你私聊;而你自己对你的听众自由且无界限:

If it be so, as so ‘tis(it is) put on me,
如果情况真如所述,如同这情况被赋予我的理解,

And that in way of caution, I must tell you,
并且作为警告,我必须告诉你,

You do not understand yourself so clearly As it behoves(应该) my daughter and your honour.
你对自己的理解还不如你应当对我的女儿和你的荣誉的理解来得清楚。

What is between you? give me up the truth.
你们之间发生了什么?告诉我真相。

Ophelia: He hath(has), my lord, of late made many tenders Of his affection to me.
奥菲利亚: 他,我主,最近对我已有很多次的情感倾诉。

Lord Polonius: Affection! pooh! you speak like a green girl,
波洛尼斯勋爵: 倾诉!呸!你说得像个幼稚的女孩,

Unsifted in such perilous circumstance.
在如此危险的情况下没有过滤。

Do you believe his tenders, as you call them?
你相信他的倾诉,你所称之的那些吗?

Ophelia: I do not know, my lord, what I should think.
奥菲利亚: 我不知道,我主,我应该怎么想。

Lord Polonius: Marry(Indeed), I’ll teach you: think yourself a baby;
波洛尼斯勋爵: 好吧,我来教你:想像你自己是个宝宝;

That you have ta’en(taken) these tenders for true pay, Which are not sterling.
你认为他的倾诉是真心的回报,这些都不算数。

Tender yourself more dearly;
更珍视你自己;

Or–not to crack the wind of the poor phrase,
要不–以免过度解读这句贫瘠的谚语,$join

注:crack the wind,破解风,过度解读

Running it thus–you’ll tender me a fool.
这样说–你会让我觉得你是个傻瓜。$join

注:tender,提供,呈现

Ophelia: My lord, he hath(has) importuned me with love In honourable fashion.
奥菲利亚: 我的主,他以尊贵的方式对我表达了他的爱意。

Lord Polonius: Ay, fashion you may call it; go to, go to.
波洛尼斯勋爵: 是啊,你可以称它为一种方式;快去,快去。

Ophelia: And hath(has) given countenance to his speech, my lord, With almost all the holy vows of heaven.
奥菲利亚: 并且,我的主,以几乎所有的神圣誓言为他的言论作证。

Lord Polonius: Ay, springes to catch woodcocks. I do know,
波洛尼斯勋爵: 是啊,捕捉鸟的陷阱。我知道,

When the blood burns, how prodigal the soul Lends the tongue vows:
当血液沸腾时,灵魂会多么慷慨的把誓言借给舌头:

these blazes, daughter, Giving more light than heat, extinct in both, Even in their promise, as it is a-making, You must not take for fire.
这些烈焰,我的女儿,它们比热量更能发光,光和热都会熄灭,即使在承诺中,因为它正在形成,你不必把它当作火。

From this time Be somewhat scanter(更节俭的) of your maiden presence;
从现在开始,你应该更少地展现你的少女风采;

Set your entreatments at a higher rate Than a command to parley.
把你的要求设定在比与人谈话还高的地位。

For Lord Hamlet, Believe so much in him, that he is young And with a larger tether(系链) may he walk Than may be given you:
对于哈姆雷特勋爵,对他这么多信任,即他还年轻,他可以用比给你的更大的绳索行走(即行走超出范围):

in few, Ophelia, Do not believe his vows; for they are brokers,
简言之,奥菲莉亚,不要相信他的誓言;因为它们只是中间人,

Not of that dye which their investments show,
不是那种颜料,它们的投资(外在表现)所呈现的那样(真实),

But mere implorators of unholy suits,
它们只是不洁诉求的哀求者,

Breathing like sanctified and pious bawds, The better to beguile.
像被圣化和虔诚的娼妓一样呼吸,以此更好地欺骗。

This is for all: I would not, in plain terms, from this time forth,
这是给所有人的警告:我不希望,用平实的话说,从现在开始,

Have you so slander any moment leisure, As to give words or talk with the Lord Hamlet.
你有没有虚度过时间,去和哈姆雷特公子说话或聊天?$join

slander: 不是指“诽谤”,表示“虚度”或“浪费”。

Look to’t(to it), I charge you: come your ways.
你要注意它,我命令你:走你的路。

Ophelia: I shall obey, my lord.
奥菲莉亚:我会遵命的,我的主。

Exeunt
退场