We will leave Danglars struggling with the demon of hatred, and endeavoring to insinuate in the ear of the shipowner some evil suspicions against his comrade, and follow Dantès, who, after having traversed La Canebière, took the Rue de Noailles, and entering a small house, on the left of the Allées de Meilhan, rapidly ascended four flights of a dark staircase, holding the baluster with one hand, while with the other he repressed the beatings of his heart, and paused before a half-open door, from which he could see the whole of a small room.
我们将把当格拉尔斯与仇恨的恶魔纠缠的情节留在一边,他努力在船主耳边渗入对同伴的恶意怀疑,并跟随唐泰斯。唐泰斯穿过卡讷别尔大道,走上诺艾街,进入一座小屋,在梅兰大道的左边,迅速上了四层楼的漆黑楼梯,一手扶着栏杆,一手压制着自己的心跳,在半开的门前停下,从门缝中可以看到整个小房间。

This room was occupied by Dantès’ father. —
这个房间是唐泰斯的父亲占用的。 —

The news of the arrival of the Pharaon had not yet reached the old man, who, mounted on a chair, was amusing himself by training with trembling hand the nasturtiums and sprays of clematis that clambered over the trellis at his window. —
老人还没有听到”法老号”的到来的消息,他站在椅子上,用颤抖的手玩弄着窗户上爬满的金盏花和铁线莲。 —

Suddenly, he felt an arm thrown around his body, and a well-known voice behind him exclaimed, “Father—dear father!”
突然,他感到有一只胳膊环绕住自己的身体,身后传来一个熟悉的声音喊道:” 父亲,亲爱的父亲!”

The old man uttered a cry, and turned round; —
老人发出一声惊叫,转过身来; —

then, seeing his son, he fell into his arms, pale and trembling.
然后,看到他的儿子后,他苍白地颤抖着拥抱他。

“What ails you, my dearest father? Are you ill?” inquired the young man, much alarmed.
“你怎么了,我最亲爱的父亲?你生病了吗?”年轻人非常担心地问道。

“No, no, my dear Edmond—my boy—my son!—no; but I did not expect you; —
“不,不,亲爱的爱德蒙——我的孩子——我的儿子!不,但我没有料到你会来; —

and joy, the surprise of seeing you so suddenly—Ah, I feel as if I were going to die.”
而且,惊喜地看到你突然出现——噢,我感觉好像要死了。”

“Come, come, cheer up, my dear father! ’Tis I—really I! —
“来吧,来吧,振作起来,我亲爱的父亲!是我——真的是我! —

They say joy never hurts, and so I came to you without any warning. —
他们说快乐从不伤害人,所以我没有提醒你就来了。 —

Come now, do smile, instead of looking at me so solemnly. —
现在,笑一个,不要那么庄重地看着我。 —

Here I am back again, and we are going to be happy.”
我回来了,我们要开心起来。”

“Yes, yes, my boy, so we will—so we will,” replied the old man; —
“是的,是的,我的孩子,我们会的——我们会的。”老人回答说。 —

“but how shall we be happy? —
“但我们怎么才能开心呢? —

Shall you never leave me again? Come, tell me all the good fortune that has befallen you.”
你再也不会离开我了吗?来,告诉我发生在你身上的所有好事。”

“God forgive me,” said the young man, “for rejoicing at happiness derived from the misery of others, but, Heaven knows, I did not seek this good fortune; —
“愿上帝原谅我,”年轻人说,“因为我从别人的痛苦中得到的幸福而感到高兴,但是,天知道,我并没有寻求这种好运; —

it has happened, and I really cannot pretend to lament it. —
这已经发生了,我真的不能假装为此感到悲痛。 —

The good Captain Leclere is dead, father, and it is probable that, with the aid of M. Morrel, I shall have his place. —
尊敬的父亲,好心的利克莱船长已经去世,而有了摩雷尔先生的帮助,我很可能会接替他的位置。 —

Do you understand, father? Only imagine me a captain at twenty, with a hundred louis pay, and a share in the profits! —
父亲,你明白吗?想象一下,我二十岁就成为了船长,每月领一百卢易,还有利润分成! —

Is this not more than a poor sailor like me could have hoped for?”
对于像我这样一个贫穷的水手来说,这难道不是更多出乎意料的吗?

“Yes, my dear boy,” replied the old man, “it is very fortunate.”
是的,我亲爱的孩子,老人答道,这真是太幸运了。

“Well, then, with the first money I touch, I mean you to have a small house, with a garden in which to plant clematis, nasturtiums, and honeysuckle. —
那么,只要我摸着第一笔钱,我打算给您买一所小房子,配上花园,里面种上铁线莲,金莲花和忍冬。 —

But what ails you, father? Are you not well?”
可是,父亲,您怎么了?您不舒服吗?

“’Tis nothing, nothing; it will soon pass away”—and as he said so the old man’s strength failed him, and he fell backwards.
没事,没事,很快就会好的。老人说着,他的力气不支,向后倒下。

“Come, come,” said the young man, “a glass of wine, father, will revive you. —
来,来,年轻人说道,来杯酒,父亲,会让您恢复精神的。 —

Where do you keep your wine?”
您的酒放在哪儿?

“No, no; thanks. You need not look for it; I do not want it,” said the old man.
不,不,谢谢。你不用找了,我不想喝。老人说道。

“Yes, yes, father, tell me where it is,” and he opened two or three cupboards.
“是的,是的,父亲,请告诉我它在哪里。”他打开了两三个橱柜。

“It is no use,” said the old man, “there is no wine.”
“没用的,”老人说,“没有酒了。”

“What, no wine?” said Dantès, turning pale, and looking alternately at the hollow cheeks of the old man and the empty cupboards. —
“什么,没有酒?”唐泰斯脸色变白,交替地看着老人的消瘦脸颊和空空的橱柜。 —

“What, no wine? Have you wanted money, father?”
“什么,没有酒?你要钱了吗,父亲?”

“I want nothing now that I have you,” said the old man.
“我现在有你就不需要任何东西了,”老人说道。

“Yet,” stammered Dantès, wiping the perspiration from his brow, —“yet I gave you two hundred francs when I left, three months ago.”
“可是,”唐泰斯结结巴巴地说着,擦掉额头上的汗水,“我三个月前离开时给了你两百法郎。”

“Yes, yes, Edmond, that is true, but you forgot at that time a little debt to our neighbor, Caderousse. —
“是的,是的,埃德蒙,那是真的,但你那时候忘记了欠我们邻居卡德鲁斯一点债。 —

He reminded me of it, telling me if I did not pay for you, he would be paid by M. Morrel; —
他提醒我,告诉我如果我不替你还,他就会向莫雷尔先生讨债; —

and so, you see, lest he might do you an injury——”
所以,你看,我怕他会对你不利——”

“Well?”
“嗯?”

“Why, I paid him.”
“所以,我还了他。”

“But,” cried Dantès, “it was a hundred and forty francs I owed Caderousse.”
“可是,”唐泰斯喊道,“我欠卡德鲁斯一百四十法郎。”

“Yes,” stammered the old man.
“是的,”老人结结巴巴地说。

“And you paid him out of the two hundred francs I left you?”
“你是用我留给你的两百法郎给了他?”

The old man nodded.
老人点了点头。

“So that you have lived for three months on sixty francs,” muttered Edmond.
“所以你只用六十法郎过了三个月的日子。”爱德蒙咕哝道。

“You know how little I require,” said the old man.
“你知道我多么省吃俭用,”老人说。

“Heaven pardon me,” cried Edmond, falling on his knees before his father.
“天啊,原谅我吧!”爱德蒙跪在父亲面前喊道。

“What are you doing?”
“你在做什么?”

“You have wounded me to the heart.”
“你伤透了我的心。”

“Never mind it, for I see you once more,” said the old man; —
“不要紧,因为我又能见到你了。”老人说。 —

“and now it’s all over—everything is all right again.”
“现在一切都过去了,一切都好了。”

“Yes, here I am,” said the young man, “with a promising future and a little money. —
“是的,我在这里,”年轻人说,“前途光明,手头也有点钱了。 —

Here, father, here!” he said, “take this—take it, and send for something immediately. —
“父亲,拿去吧!”他说,“拿去吧,马上去找些东西吧。” —

” And he emptied his pockets on the table, the contents consisting of a dozen gold pieces, five or six five-franc pieces, and some smaller coin. —
然后他把口袋里的东西倒在桌子上,里面有十几个金币,五六个五法郎的硬币,还有一些小面值的硬币。 —

The countenance of old Dantès brightened.
老唐特的脸上露出喜色。

“Whom does this belong to?” he inquired.
“这是谁的?”他问道。

“To me, to you, to us! Take it; buy some provisions; be happy, and tomorrow we shall have more.”
“对我,对你,对我们!拿去吧;买些食物;开心一点,明天我们会有更多的东西。”

“Gently, gently,” said the old man, with a smile; —
“轻轻地,轻轻地,”老人笑着说道。 —

“and by your leave I will use your purse moderately, for they would say, if they saw me buy too many things at a time, that I had been obliged to await your return, in order to be able to purchase them.”
“请允许我节制地使用你的钱包,因为如果他们看到我一次买太多东西,会说我不得不等你回来才能购买它们。”

“Do as you please; but, first of all, pray have a servant, father. —
“你随意吧,但首先,父亲,请找个仆人。 —

I will not have you left alone so long. I have some smuggled coffee and most capital tobacco, in a small chest in the hold, which you shall have tomorrow. —
我不想让你一个人待这么久。我在船舱里有一小箱走私咖啡和最好的烟草,明天你可以拿去。” —

But, hush, here comes somebody.”
“但是,嘘,有人来了。”

“’Tis Caderousse, who has heard of your arrival, and no doubt comes to congratulate you on your fortunate return.”
“肯定是卡德鲁斯听说你回来了,毫无疑问他是来祝贺你的。”

“Ah, lips that say one thing, while the heart thinks another,” murmured Edmond. —
“唉,嘴巴说一套,心里想另一套。”埃德蒙喃喃自语道。 —

“But, never mind, he is a neighbor who has done us a service on a time, so he’s welcome.”
“不过,没关系,他是邻居,曾经帮过我们的忙,所以他受欢迎。”

As Edmond paused, the black and bearded head of Caderousse appeared at the door. —
当埃德蒙停下来时,卡德鲁斯黑色的、长着胡子的脑袋出现在门口。 —

He was a man of twenty-five or six, and held a piece of cloth, which, being a tailor, he was about to make into a coat-lining.
他大约二十五、二十六岁,手里拿着一块布,作为一名裁缝,他正打算将其做成外套里衬。

“What, is it you, Edmond, back again?” said he, with a broad Marseillaise accent, and a grin that displayed his ivory-white teeth.
“什么,是你,埃德蒙,又回来了?”他用一种明显的马赛口音说道,露出雪白的牙齿,笑容满面。

“Yes, as you see, neighbor Caderousse; and ready to be agreeable to you in any and every way, ” replied Dantès, but ill-concealing his coldness under this cloak of civility.
“是的,正如你所见,邻居卡德鲁斯;我愿意以任何方式讨好你。”但唐泰斯在这种礼貌的掩饰下难掩他的冷漠。

“Thanks—thanks; but, fortunately, I do not want for anything; —
“谢谢,不用了,不用了;幸运的是,我什么都不缺; —

and it chances that at times there are others who have need of me.” Dantès made a gesture. —
并且偶尔也有别人需要我。”唐泰斯做了个手势。 —

“I do not allude to you, my boy. No!—no! —
“我不是指的你,我的孩子。不!不! —

I lent you money, and you returned it; that’s like good neighbors, and we are quits.”
我借给你钱,你还了;这就像好邻居一样,我们扯平了。”

“We are never quits with those who oblige us,” was Dantès’ reply; —
“对于给我们帮助的人,我们永远都不会扯平。”唐泰斯回答道; —

“for when we do not owe them money, we owe them gratitude.”
“因为当我们不欠他们钱的时候,我们欠他们的是感激之情。”

“What’s the use of mentioning that? What is done is done. —
“提到那有什么用呢?过去的就让它过去吧。” —

Let us talk of your happy return, my boy. —
“让我们谈谈你的欢乐归来吧,我的孩子。” —

I had gone on the quay to match a piece of mulberry cloth, when I met friend Danglars. —
“当我在码头上找一块桑葚布时,我遇到了朋友丹格拉。” —

‘You at Marseilles?’—‘Yes,’ says he.
“‘你在马赛吗?’——‘是的,’他回答。”

“‘I thought you were at Smyrna.’—‘I was; but am now back again.’
“‘我以为你在斯米尔纳。’——‘我曾在那里,但现在我又回来了。’”

“‘And where is the dear boy, our little Edmond?’
“‘我们的小爱德蒙在哪里?’”

“‘Why, with his father, no doubt,’ replied Danglars. —
“‘毫无疑问,和他父亲在一起,’丹格拉回答。” —

And so I came,” added Caderousse, “as fast as I could to have the pleasure of shaking hands with a friend.”
卡德鲁斯补充道:“所以我尽快赶来,与朋友握手。”

“Worthy Caderousse!” said the old man, “he is so much attached to us.”
“可敬的卡德鲁斯!”老人说,“他如此依恋我们。”

“Yes, to be sure I am. I love and esteem you, because honest folks are so rare. —
“是的,当然是。我爱戴你们,因为诚实的人如此罕见。” —

But it seems you have come back rich, my boy,” continued the tailor, looking askance at the handful of gold and silver which Dantès had thrown on the table.
“但是看起来你回来了很有钱,我的孩子,”裁缝继续说道,斜视着唐泰斯摆在桌子上的几把金银。

The young man remarked the greedy glance which shone in the dark eyes of his neighbor. —
年轻人注意到了邻居黑暗的眼睛中闪烁的贪婪目光。 —

“Eh,” he said, negligently, “this money is not mine. —
“嗯,”他漫不经心地说道,“这笔钱不是我的。” —

I was expressing to my father my fears that he had wanted many things in my absence, and to convince me he emptied his purse on the table. —
我向父亲表达了我担心他在我不在时想要很多东西,为了说服我,他把他的钱包倒在桌子上。 —

Come, father” added Dantès, “put this money back in your box—unless neighbor Caderousse wants anything, and in that case it is at his service.”
“来吧,爸爸,”但丁又补充道,“把这些钱放回你的盒子里——除非卡德鲁斯邻居需要一些东西,如果需要的话,这些钱就用在他身上。”

“No, my boy, no,” said Caderousse. “I am not in any want, thank God, my living is suited to my means. —
“不用了,我的孩子,不用了。”卡德鲁斯说道,“谢天谢地,我现在不缺钱,我的生活适应得上。” —

Keep your money—keep it, I say;—one never has too much; —
把你的钱留下吧——我说,永远不会有太多的钱; —

—but, at the same time, my boy, I am as much obliged by your offer as if I took advantage of it.”
但同时,我的孩子,我对你的提议感激不尽,就像我真的接受了一样。

“It was offered with good will,” said Dantès.
“这是出自真心的提议,”但丁说道。

“No doubt, my boy; no doubt. Well, you stand well with M. Morrel I hear, —you insinuating dog, you!”
“毫无疑问,我的孩子,毫无疑问。听说你在莫勒尔先生那里很受宠信呢,你这个奸诈的家伙!”

“M. Morrel has always been exceedingly kind to me,” replied Dantès.
“莫勒尔先生一直对我非常友善,”但丁回答道。

“Then you were wrong to refuse to dine with him.”
“那你拒绝和他共进晚餐是错误的。”

“What, did you refuse to dine with him?” said old Dantès; “and did he invite you to dine?”
“你是拒绝与他共进晚餐了吗?”老丹蒂斯说道,“他邀请你共进晚餐了吗?”

“Yes, my dear father,” replied Edmond, smiling at his father’s astonishment at the excessive honor paid to his son.
“是的,亲爱的父亲,”爱德蒙回答道,对于如此殊荣对待他的儿子,他的父亲感到非常惊讶。

“And why did you refuse, my son?” inquired the old man.
“为什么你拒绝了,我的儿子?”老人询问道。

“That I might the sooner see you again, my dear father,” replied the young man. —
“为了尽早再次见到你,我亲爱的父亲,”年轻人回答道。 —

“I was most anxious to see you.”
“我非常渴望见到你。”

“But it must have vexed M. Morrel, good, worthy man,” said Caderousse. —
“但这必定使莫雷尔先生感到不悦,那位善良、可敬的人,”卡德鲁斯说道。 —

“And when you are looking forward to be captain, it was wrong to annoy the owner.”
“而当你期待成为船长时,惹恼了船主是错误的。”

“But I explained to him the cause of my refusal, ” replied Dantès, “and I hope he fully understood it.”
“但我向他解释了我拒绝的原因,”丹德斯回答道,“我希望他完全理解。”

“Yes, but to be captain one must do a little flattery to one’s patrons.”
“是的,但成为船长必须巴结一下赞助人。”

“I hope to be captain without that,” said Dantès.
“我希望在不巴结的情况下当上船长。”唐泰斯说道。

“So much the better—so much the better! —
“那就太好了,太好了!这将给你所有的老朋友带来更大的乐趣; —

Nothing will give greater pleasure to all your old friends; —
无论如何,你还是我们的好朋友。” —

and I know one down there behind the Saint Nicolas citadel who will not be sorry to hear it.”
“而且,我知道有一个人在圣尼古拉斯城堡后面会听到这个消息而不会感到难过。”

“Mercédès?” said the old man.
“梅赛德斯?”老人说。

“Yes, my dear father, and with your permission, now I have seen you, and know you are well and have all you require, I will ask your consent to go and pay a visit to the Catalans.”
“是的,我亲爱的父亲,如果您同意,现在我见到您了,知道您身体健康、需求满足,我想请求您同意我去拜访加泰罗尼亚人。”

“Go, my dear boy,” said old Dantès; “and Heaven bless you in your wife, as it has blessed me in my son!”
“去吧,我亲爱的孩子,上天保佑你和妻子,就像上天保佑我和儿子一样!”

“His wife!” said Caderousse; “why, how fast you go on, father Dantès; —
“他的妻子!”卡德鲁斯说道,“你太快了,唐泰斯父亲; —

she is not his wife yet, as it seems to me.”
按我看,她还不是他的妻子。”

“No, but according to all probability she soon will be,” replied Edmond.
“是的,但按照所有可能性来看,她很快就会成为他的妻子了,”爱德蒙回答道。

“Yes—yes,” said Caderousse; “but you were right to return as soon as possible, my boy.”
“是的,是的,”卡德鲁斯说,“但你回来得越快越好,我的孩子。”

“And why?”
“为什么呢?”

“Because Mercédès is a very fine girl, and fine girls never lack followers; —
“因为梅赛德斯是一个非常出色的女孩,出色的女孩从来不缺追求者; —

she particularly has them by dozens.”
尤其是她有无数的追求者。”

“Really?” answered Edmond, with a smile which had in it traces of slight uneasiness.
“真的吗?”爱德蒙微笑着回答道,其中带着一丝轻微的不安。

“Ah, yes,” continued Caderousse, “and capital offers, too; —
“嗯,是的,”卡德鲁斯继续说道,“还有资本的提供; —

but you know, you will be captain, and who could refuse you then?”
但是你知道,你将成为船长,那还有谁会拒绝你呢?”

“Meaning to say,” replied Dantès, with a smile which but ill-concealed his trouble, “that if I were not a captain——”
“你的意思是说,”唐泰斯回答道,微笑着掩饰着他的烦恼,“如果我不是一个船长的话——”

“Eh—eh!” said Caderousse, shaking his head.
“嗯嗯!”卡德鲁斯摇了摇头。

“Come, come,” said the sailor, “I have a better opinion than you of women in general, and of Mercédès in particular; —
“来吧,来吧,”水手说道,“我对女人总体上以及对梅尔塞德斯特别有更高的评价; —

and I am certain that, captain or not, she will remain ever faithful to me.”
相信,无论是船长还是不是船长,她都会永远忠诚于我。”

“So much the better—so much the better,” said Caderousse. —
“那就太好了,太好了,”卡德鲁斯说道。 —

“When one is going to be married, there is nothing like implicit confidence; —
“当一个人要结婚时,没有什么比绝对的信任更好了; —

but never mind that, my boy,—go and announce your arrival, and let her know all your hopes and prospects.”
是别管那些了,孩子,去宣布你的到来,让她知道你所有的希望和前途。”

“I will go directly,” was Edmond’s reply; —
“我会立即去的,”埃德蒙回答道; —

and, embracing his father, and nodding to Caderousse, he left the apartment.
后,他拥抱了父亲,向卡德鲁斯点了点头,离开了房间。

Caderousse lingered for a moment, then taking leave of old Dantès, he went downstairs to rejoin Danglars, who awaited him at the corner of the Rue Senac.
卡德鲁斯停留了一会儿,然后辞别了老唐泰斯,下楼去找等在塞纳克街角的当格拉。

“Well,” said Danglars, “did you see him?”
“嗯,”当格拉说,“你见到他了吗?”

“I have just left him,” answered Caderousse.
“我刚刚离开他。”卡德鲁斯回答道。

“Did he allude to his hope of being captain?”
“他提到过他成为船长的希望吗?”

“He spoke of it as a thing already decided.”
“他把它当作已经决定了的事情来说。”

“Indeed!” said Danglars, “he is in too much hurry, it appears to me.”
“真的吗!”当格拉说,“看起来他很急躁。”

“Why, it seems M. Morrel has promised him the thing.”
“为什么?莫雷尔先生好像已经答应给他这个职位了。”

“So that he is quite elated about it?”
“那他对此非常得意吗?”

“Why, yes, he is actually insolent over the matter—has already offered me his patronage, as if he were a grand personage, and proffered me a loan of money, as though he were a banker.”
“是的,他实际上对此傲慢无礼——已经向我提供了他的赞助,仿佛他是个大人物,并向我提供了贷款,仿佛他是个银行家。”

“Which you refused?”
“你拒绝了吗?”

“Most assuredly; although I might easily have accepted it, for it was I who put into his hands the first silver he ever earned; —
“当然;虽然我本可以接受,因为正是我把他第一次挣的银子交到了他手上; —

but now M. Dantès has no longer any occasion for assistance—he is about to become a captain.”
但现在唐泰斯先生已经不需要帮助了——他即将成为一名船长。”

“Pooh!” said Danglars, “he is not one yet.”
“哼!”当古德莱尔斯说道,“他还不是一个。”

Ma foi! it will be as well if he is not,” answered Caderousse; —
“如果他不是的话,那倒是件好事,”卡德鲁斯回答说; —

“for if he should be, there will be really no speaking to him.”
“因为如果他是的话,实在没法和他说话了。”

“If we choose,” replied Danglars, “he will remain what he is; —
“如果我们愿意的话,”当他说道,“他会一直保持现状; —

and perhaps become even less than he is.”
至可能变得没有现状。”

“What do you mean?”
“你什么意思?”

“Nothing—I was speaking to myself. And is he still in love with the Catalane?”
“没什么,我在和自己说话。他还爱那个加泰兰女人吗?”

“Over head and ears; but, unless I am much mistaken, there will be a storm in that quarter.”
“深深地爱着;但是,除非我大错特错,那个方面可能会有风暴。”

“Explain yourself.”
“解释一下。”

“Why should I?”
“我为什么要解释?”

“It is more important than you think, perhaps. You do not like Dantès?”
“可能比你想象的更重要。你不喜欢唐泰斯吗?”

“I never like upstarts.”
“我从来不喜欢突然出现的人。”

“Then tell me all you know about the Catalane.”
“那告诉我你对那个加泰兰女人了解多少。”

“I know nothing for certain; only I have seen things which induce me to believe, as I told you, that the future captain will find some annoyance in the vicinity of the Vieilles Infirmeries.”
“我没有确凿的消息;只是我见到了一些事情,让我相信,正如我告诉你的那样,未来的船长将会在维耶纳尼察附近遇到一些烦恼。”

“What have you seen?—come, tell me!”
“你看到了什么?告诉我!”

“Well, every time I have seen Mercédès come into the city she has been accompanied by a tall, strapping, black-eyed Catalan, with a red complexion, brown skin, and fierce air, whom she calls cousin.”
“嗯,每次我见到梅赛德斯进城,她都有一个高大、强壮、黑眼睛的加泰罗尼亚人陪伴着,红润的面色,棕色的皮肤,凶猛的气质,她称他为堂兄。”

“Really; and you think this cousin pays her attentions?”
“真的吗?你认为这个堂兄对她有意思?”

“I only suppose so. What else can a strapping chap of twenty-one mean with a fine wench of seventeen?”
“我只是猜测。一个21岁的壮小伙和一个17岁的漂亮姑娘在一起,还能有其他意思吗?”

“And you say that Dantès has gone to the Catalans?”
“你说丹特已经去了加泰罗尼亚人那里?”

“He went before I came down.”
“在我下来之前他已经走了。”

“Let us go the same way; we will stop at La Réserve, and we can drink a glass of La Malgue, whilst we wait for news.”
“我们走同一条路,我们可以在拉丽桑酒店停下来,喝上一杯拉玛尔吉酒,同时等待消息。”

“Come along,” said Caderousse; “but you pay the score.”
“走吧,”卡德鲁斯说,“不过账单你来付。”

“Of course,” replied Danglars; and going quickly to the designated place, they called for a bottle of wine, and two glasses.
“当然”,丹格拉回答道,然后迅速走向指定的地方,点了一瓶酒和两个杯子。

Père Pamphile had seen Dantès pass not ten minutes before; —
“潘菲勒先生在不到十分钟前看到丹特经过; —

and assured that he was at the Catalans, they sat down under the budding foliage of the planes and sycamores, in the branches of which the birds were singing their welcome to one of the first days of spring.
并确定自己确实在加泰罗尼亚人那里,他们坐在悬崖树和槭树的新芽绿色叶子下,鸟儿在树枝上欢迎春天的第一天。