the little prince visits the tippler The next planet was inhabited by a tippler.
小王子拜访了一个微睡者。 —

This was a very short visit, but it plunged the little prince into deep dejection.
这次访问非常短暂,但却让小王子深陷沮丧。 —

“What are you doing there?” he said to the tippler, whom he found settled down in silence before a collection of empty bottles and also a collection of full bottles.
“你在那里做什么?” 他对微睡者说道,微睡者静静地坐在一堆空瓶和一堆满瓶前。 —

“I am drinking,” replied the tippler, with a lugubrious air.
“我在喝酒,”微睡者带着悲伤的神情回答道。 —

“Why are you drinking?” demanded the little prince.
“你为什么喝酒?” 小王子问道。 —

“So that I may forget,” replied the tippler.
“为了忘记,” 微睡者回答道。 —

“Forget what?” inquired the little prince, who already was sorry for him.
“忘记什么?”小王子问道,他已经为微睡者感到难过了。 —

“Forget that I am ashamed,” the tippler confessed, hanging his head. “Ashamed of what?” insisted the little prince, who wanted to help him.
“忘记我感到羞耻,”醉汉低下了头。 “为什么感到羞耻呢?”小王子坚持说,他想要帮助他。 —

“Ashamed of drinking!” The tippler brought his speech to an end, and shut himself up in an impregnable silence.
“因为饮酒而感到羞耻!”醉汉结束了他的讲话,并陷入了无法攻破的沉默中。 —

And the little prince went away, puzzled.
小王子迷惑地走开了。 —

“The grown-ups are certainly very, very odd,” he said to himself, as he continued on his journey.
“大人们确实非常,非常奇怪,”他自言自语道,继续他的旅程。