Story 27 Two Holes for the Dogs(两个狗洞).jpg

My uncle has two dogs. One is big and the other is small. —
我的叔叔有两只狗。一只是大的,另一只是小的。 —

He likes them very much.
他非常喜欢它们。

One day, Mr. Smith came to visit him. —
有一天,史密斯先生来看他。 —

When the friend saw two holes in the door, a large hole and a small hole, he was surprised and said, “My dear friend, why are there two holes in your door? ”—
当朋友看到门上有两个洞,一个大洞和一个小洞时,他感到惊讶并问道:“我亲爱的朋友,为什么你的门上有两个洞?”

“Let my dogs come in and come out, of course,” Mr. Smith asked. —
“当然是为了让我的狗进出,”我的叔叔回答。 —

“But why are there two holes? One is enough! ” —
“但为什么有两个洞?一个就够了!” —

“But how can the big dog go through the small hole?” —
“可是大狗怎么能穿过小洞呢?” —

my uncle said.
我的叔叔说。

Sometimes a clever man may make such mistakes.
有时候聪明人也会犯这样的错误。